We’re looking for one more part-time House Manager to complete our team at Social House, a newly opened creative coworking and event venue rental space in downtown Lake Worth.
UPDATE: We’ve found our girl! Thanks to everyone that reached out about working with us, or shared it with their talented friends.
Our House Managers do a little bit of everything in the House, juggling a variety of roles and tasks across all of our lines of business: creative coworking space; event venue rentals; and our craft beverage bar, Sidebar.
The right person will be outgoing, detail-oriented, hard-working and a true self-starter; someone who is a leader type and jumps in when necessary without being asked, taking on tasks with an entrepreneurial “get it done” attitude. We have a great team already in place, and need one more member to round out our set of skills – ideally, the final addition to our team will have experience in and a passion for food preparation and/or catering, and be excited at the prospect of helping develop, prepare and execute our Sidebar breakfast and lunch menus as well as cocktail-style catering for small events (10-50 guests).
If a week spent pulling espresso shots and baking scones for our regulars, brainstorming on marketing campaigns, helping a coworker fine-tune their bio, then preparing light bites for a Friday night cocktail party sounds great to you, you might be the perfect fit!
Hours: 16-24 hours per week, with a mix of days, nights and weekends as needed – must be flexible
Compensation: $15 per hour + Sidebar gratuities + discretionary bonus based on venue sales
Start Date: On or after the week of August 10th
The kinds of tasks you’ll be taking on:
- Responding to email, phone and walk-in inquiries from prospective clients and communicating with them throughout the sales process
- Arranging meetings and showing the space by appointment
- Hands-on management of and involvement in events, including setup, production, service and clean-up activities
- Managing the counter (and potentially, the kitchen) at Sidebar, preparing and serving coffee and baked goods during the day, and beer, wine and light bites at night
- Handling day-to-day activities in the cowork studio during normal business hours, as needed, by assisting members and managing operations
- Brainstorming, assisting with and eventually leading sales strategies, marketing campaigns and other promotional activities
- Representing Social House at both in-house and outside events and networkers
What you get from us:
- Above-market compensation and an additional bonus share (a share of 10% of venue sales)
- Flexibility with schedule – perfect if you’re starting your business (we support that) or need a little more income while you grow it
- A jack-of-all-trades experience, with the chance to be involved in and learn all aspects of a startup in multiple lines of the hospitality business
- An opportunity to work with and be around a supportive, successful and creative bunch of folks
- Future potential for partial ownership – we’re looking for leader types that could help us run this shindig down the road
- Shift drinks. And great coffee!
- A college degree, and 3+ years work history
- Experience in and a passion for the hospitality industry
- An outgoing personality – this is an intensively social position, and you should thrive on working with and serving others
- An entrepreneurial “do anything” spirit and a capable, can-do attitude – you must be able to work both collaboratively and independently, jump in without being asked, and enjoy getting your hands dirty
- Experience, ability and comfort with sales activities, including making first contact with prospective clients via phone or in person, and proactively connecting with other industry professionals
- A developed sense of style and self that’s a great fit for ours – authentic, modern, engaging
- Excellent communication skills, with high-quality writing, grammar, spelling and formatting
- Knowledge of and connections in the event industry in South Florida
- Experience running or managing a business, with a desire to grow as an business owner – and, potentially, as a part owner of Social House
- Hands-on catering, chef or food preparation experience, with a passion for creating and executing new dishes or drinks
- Design experience or background, with a knack for tapping into current trends (or setting your own)
- Experience and comfort with blogging, social media and in-person networking
Interested? Here’s how to apply:
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org; attach your resume (PDF or LinkedIn links only, please)
- In your email, let us know what gets you excited about this position and why you think you’re the perfect fit.
- Finally, include your ideal number of hours per week and the days you are available, keeping in mind that everyone is required to work an occasional night or weekends as needed.
- We’ll be accepting emails for 2-3 weeks, and will respond to each one – whether it’s a yes or no – after that point. If we think it’s a good fit, we’ll schedule a time for an in-person interview.
We’re looking forward to hearing from you, and would love it if you’d share this position with anyone you know what would love this kind of opportunity!