UPDATE: We’ve found our new team member. Thanks for your interest!
We’re looking for a part-time Community Manager to join our team at Social House, a coworking and event space for creatives in downtown Lake Worth. Each member of our team does a little bit of everything in the House, juggling a variety of roles and tasks during day-to-day operations and the events we host throughout the week.
The right person will be outgoing, detail-oriented, hard-working, personable and a true self-starter; ideally, someone who is a leader type and jumps in when necessary without being asked, taking on tasks with an entrepreneurial “get it done” attitude. With our focus on hospitality and a diverse set of personalities to work with, our House Managers need to be calm under pressure and capable of handling what can sometimes be an unpredictable work environment.
If a week spent making coffee and treats for our members, brainstorming on marketing campaigns, helping a small business owner fine-tune their bio, then preparing a cheese plate for a Saturday afternoon workshop sounds great to you, you’ll probably be a great fit. If you can also handle the additional dramatic moment or two, and navigate small crises and complaints with a smile, you might just be perfect.
Hours: 16-24 hours per week, with a mix of days, nights and weekends as needed – must be flexible
Compensation: $15 / hour + discretionary end-of-year bonuses based on performance and profitability
Start Date: ASAP
The kinds of tasks you’ll be taking on:
Managing daily House and Cottage operations: making coffee, tea and treats, answering the door and distributing mail, filling the dishwasher and replacing glass and dishware, light cleaning of and restock in the kitchen and bathrooms, taking out the trash, etc.
Being the main point of contact during business hours: greeting members and guests and assisting them with space issues, meetings, or anything they might need during the day.
Handling appointments and responding to walk-in inquiries from prospective members or event hosts: providing tours, explaining our services, answering questions and representing our culture and community.
Setting up, assisting and breaking down for events: moving and storing furniture, checking and restocking bathrooms, inspecting and cleaning up front and back patios, implementing setup lists and floorplans, and resetting everything after the event.
Catering assistance: light food preparation, plating and styling, serving guests, setting up for events, and cleaning kitchen and service areas afterwards.
Helping market and promote the House: brainstorming, assisting with marketing campaigns and other promotional activities, snapping photos to use on social media, and generally being a cheerleader for the cause.
What you get from us:
- Flexibility with schedule – perfect for moms/dads with kids in school, or those with another part-time schedule to juggle
- A jack-of-all-trades experience, with the chance to be involved in and learn all aspects of a business in a new and rapidly growing industry
- Future potential for growth, even up to partial ownership – we’re looking for leader types that could help us run this shindig down the road
- Shift drinks, great coffee, and great people! We love our team and our members, and think you will, too. They are a supportive, successful, friendly and creative bunch of folks
- A high school diploma, and 5+ years work history; some college or a degree preferred
- An outgoing personality: this is an intensely social position, and you should thrive on working with and serving others
- An entrepreneurial “I’ll do anything” spirit and a capable, can-do attitude – you must be able to work both collaboratively and independently, jump in without being asked, and enjoy getting your hands dirty
- Experience, ability and comfort with sales-related activities, including making first contact with prospective clients via phone or in person, and proactively connecting with other industry professionals
- A high EQ/level of maturity and the ability to navigate stressful situations with a smile
- A developed sense of style and self that’s a great fit for ours: authentic, modern, engaging
- Excellent communication skills, with high-quality writing, grammar, spelling and formatting
- Past experience running or managing a creative business, with the desire to share those experiences with others and help small business owners grow. (For this position, we prefer those not currently running their own business.)
- Marketing, photography and/or graphic design experience and skills to help in our efforts
- Experience and comfort with blogging, social media and in-person networking
Interested? Here’s how to apply:
- Send an email to email@example.com; attach your resume – PDF or LinkedIn/web links only
- In your email, let us know what gets you excited about this position and why you think you’re the perfect fit.
- Also include your ideal number of hours per week and the days you are available, keeping in mind that everyone is required to work an occasional night or weekend when needed. Truly flexible schedule? That’s a huge plus – let me know.
- We will respond to every email that follows the directions above. We’re looking to fill this position quickly, and will provide next steps to those we think could be a fit.
- We’re looking forward to hearing from you, and would love it if you’d share this position with anyone you know what would love this kind of opportunity.